Friday, 28 August 2009

Less than 6 weeks to go....

We heard today of the sad death of one of our Los Llanos neighbours after a long fight against cancer. The place will not be the same without him and he will be fondly remembered as one of our 'new friends in Spain'. The shortness of our acquaintance does not detract from our fondness. God Bless you Bill.

We have been beavering away all week getting things organised for the move. Boxes have been packed and filing cabinets sorted. Old papers have been discarded and many memories have been rekindled whilst the process has been undertaken. Some days it doesn't feel as if we are getting anywhere and then we open cupboards which now stand empty and we realise that we are getting there. I only have a few more days before I return to work for a few weeks and it is 4 weeks today that I retire and Alex goes off to Portsmouth to start the next stage of his life.

All seems surprising calm at the moment. I'm sure we will start to panic sooner or later (correction:- I will - Michael will probably just pick up the pieces) as we discover something we have forgotten to arrange but for now all seems to be in order. There are many things which cannot be done until nearer the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment