Just 5 more days of school and then I enter the world of retirement. Leaving do organised for a weeks time. Sorting and packing continues. Tomorrow is the 'family' bbq prior to Alex's departure to Portsmouth next weekend.
Animals have passports at the ready. Utilities have been informed of our pending departure. Know we've forgotten something - will let you know sometime what it is - that is when I find out what!
Quite a few parents have made some lovely comments to me about my leaving which has really lifted my spirits. It is nice to know that I have perhaps made a positive contribution to children's lives - after all that's what I've been doing the job for. I shall miss them but I feel that now is a good time to start the rest of my life (the pun is intended). I had thought that I would start to worry about the overall decision as the time drew near for our departure. I'm pleased to say that I am totally looking forward to it and although there may be a few regrets about moving away from family and friends we are not going to the end of the world and are no less available to them than if we went to live in the West Country or the Borders. Memories will, hopefully, accompany me in my journey and with modern technology such as this blog and the mobile phone communication will be as possible as it is from our English home.
To add to our excitement Michael has today received an email to say that he has won a competition with the local English speaking Spanish newspaper and the surprise prize awaits us when we go into Trust FM to pick up our post when we arrive in October. We have been guessing what the prize could possibly be - someone even suggested that it was probably a weeks holiday in Clacton!
Animals have passports at the ready. Utilities have been informed of our pending departure. Know we've forgotten something - will let you know sometime what it is - that is when I find out what!
Quite a few parents have made some lovely comments to me about my leaving which has really lifted my spirits. It is nice to know that I have perhaps made a positive contribution to children's lives - after all that's what I've been doing the job for. I shall miss them but I feel that now is a good time to start the rest of my life (the pun is intended). I had thought that I would start to worry about the overall decision as the time drew near for our departure. I'm pleased to say that I am totally looking forward to it and although there may be a few regrets about moving away from family and friends we are not going to the end of the world and are no less available to them than if we went to live in the West Country or the Borders. Memories will, hopefully, accompany me in my journey and with modern technology such as this blog and the mobile phone communication will be as possible as it is from our English home.
To add to our excitement Michael has today received an email to say that he has won a competition with the local English speaking Spanish newspaper and the surprise prize awaits us when we go into Trust FM to pick up our post when we arrive in October. We have been guessing what the prize could possibly be - someone even suggested that it was probably a weeks holiday in Clacton!
We have passed on invitations for people to come and visit - we are looking forward to people taking us up on this offer so that we can share the pleasure we feel when we arrive on that 600 sq.m. plot we will be calling home. We have already researched the dog walking facilities available - many happy hours walking through the surrounding campo. Let's hope that Tiffy appreciates it all.
Well, I'm off to pack a few more boxes....
No comments:
Post a Comment